The PBL Education Foundation eagerly joined with community businesses and leaders to support the creation of The Prairieland CEO Program.
PBL students will have the opportunity to participate in this exciting program. Supporting this program with a $3,000 commitment helps The Foundation fulfill its mission and goals by giving our kids opportunities to learn outside of the classroom. Maybe someday they will come back to our communities to “give back” by putting their CEO education in action. We are very excited about being a part of this community program.
CEO (Creating Entrepreneurial Opportunities) is based on the successful program in Effingham, Illinois.
Here is a brief overview of the program. Click here for more information about CEO program.
The CEO program:
- Is funded by business investors
- Is open to high school juniors and seniors
- Selects students through a rigorous application process
- Serves students from public and private high schools
- Meets for 90 minutes each day
- Provides 2 high school credits
- Utilizes area businesses as classrooms
- Visits dozens of area businesses each year
- Hosts 50-60 guest speakers each year
- Emphasizes 21st century learning skills
- Provides the opportunity for each student to start their own business
Video testimonials from graduates of other CEO programs.